March 5, 2018

The Cock of the North, Part One




I had the opportunity to run a pre-release game of Beneath the Lily Banners/The War of Three Kings for some friends last weekend. They hadn't played any of the previous versions and were unfamiliar with the period, though eager to give it a try - and I was eager to see what they thought. When trying to decide on exactly what game to run, I turned to the pile of scenarios we have cashed away and found one that seemed fairly straight forward, but still offered some interesting tactical possibilities. I modified it slightly to match my collection.



The briefings were provided to each side, unseen by the others... Thomas 'I AM the Cock of the North' Grove would be Sir Arthur Rawdon...





Chris 'Bulldog' Lopez would take on the character of Lieutenant General Richard Hamilton, assisted by my long time pal and regular wargaming opponent 'Big Jim' McDaries playing Sir Neil O'Neill...




One side read their tactical briefing, including the sage tactical advice offered by the humble GM, and one did not... we'll see how they fared beginning in part two...

Left to right: Jim, Chris, and Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment